Sunday 24 June 2012

Thank you!

Thank you to Susan over at  Travel Bug http://travelbug-susan.blogspot.co.uk/ who has very kindly nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award.

Versatile Blogger Award Rules

  • Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.   Done

  • Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy.   Done

  • Next, select 5 blogs you enjoy/follow regularly.   Done

  • 1000 Miles on My Own Two Feet
    http://1000milesonmyowntwofeet.blogspot.co.uk/

    Lens Travels, Living Our Dreams!

    Life on the Open Road
    The continuing adventures of a Full Time RVer

    Brits on Tour (Back Home)

    Rick & Paulette's RV Travels
    http://rickpaulettervjournal.blogspot.co.uk/

    Nominate those 5 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.   Done

  • Finally, mention a few random things about yourself.

  • 1.   I like early mornings, but don't like getting up.

    2.   I can read a map and 99.99% of the time I get it right.

    3.   I must be an optimist as I always expect English summers to be gorgeous hot sunny days with long warm evenings and a few rainy days thrown in to keep everywhere lush and green, whereas it's usually the opposite way round.

    4.   I love to read and although my Kindle is fabulous there is nothing like opening a brand new book.

    5.   One day DB and I will manage to get a permit and do the Grand Canyon rim-to-rim hike.

    That's all for now
    Have fun, we are!
    

    2 comments:

    1. I like #2 and #5. Map reading to me is as much fun as a real paper book. I hate to see either one go away. Seems the internet has all the new-fangled stuff, but what happens when the power goes out???

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I agree and would be lost without my paper maps, they open up boundless exciting opportunities. GPS is good, but....... Although last summer we met a family RVing from California to Disneyland Florida using only their cell 'phones and GPS. Don't think I'd've like to trust either on a trip like that because you say what does happen when the power goes out?

        Delete