Monday 12 December 2011

Key Largo, Florida

Key Largo was our first destination during our trip to Florida, we’ve stayed there several times before in fact twice in the same hotel.   Sadly in the 6 or however many years it is since we last stayed there things have changed for the worse.  The bad Trip Advisor reviews we read, unfortunately after we’d made the reservation, sadly all appear to be correct.
 
That aside, we visited some great places while we were there, one of which was John Pennekamp State Park, there is a nice swimming area.

The day we visited was very windy so glass bottom boat trips were cancelled although you could still rent a kayak.   Years ago on a trip with our niece we rented kayaks, niece and DB had a double one leaving me to paddle my own.  To start with, much to their amusement, I could only make it go round in circles, eventually I did get the hang of it.  These people were doing so much better that I did.

We visited the aquarium where I fell in love with the cherub fish, they look so happy and cute they make you smile.

Have fun, we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment